- Director – Club Secretary – Following a period of shadowing.
- Director – Club Treasurer – Finance background beneficial but not essential
Email email@example.com if interested in either of these positions.
The 2012 Cricketforce was a recordbreaker! – big thanks to everyone for magnificent support.The event included:
And one of the messiest jobs was to stain a boundary fence – even the boilersuits didn’t prevent a lot of woodstain freckles by the end of the day! The volunteers who stepped forward for this were real heroes.
Tackling one of the biggest challenges were teams from NatWest Gosforth and Thomson Travel – both organisations which support staff volunteering.They scraped and sanded the biggest boundary fence to prepare it for a total repaint. Painting the boundary fences is a never-ending task! This year it was great to have the entire ground looking pristine for the heritage year season. Donations of food were especially enjoyed – here are some of those yummy Victorian snacks provided by the mouthwatering skills of chefs at Newcastle’s Assembly Rooms!
Great weather once more – Cricketforce brings out the sun. Our album (see below) from 12 months earlier shows the great weather, plus of course the hard work done by the volunteers.
2011’s Cricketforce saw more than forty people transforming the ground. We were delighted that everyone’s efforts resulted in a special award for the club – an ECB OSCA.
Painting included the hoardings, the away stairs, bar security areas; the terraces, barbecue and storage cellars were swept and cleaned; and dozens of other jobs were done.
Look out for the next Cricketforce and join the fun!
Senior cricket – sponsors welcome for individual teams (£400 per team or £1200 for all four teams)
Junior WASPS cricket – sponsors welcome for the five junior teams (£200 per team or £700 for whole Junior WASPS section)
Women’s cricket – sponsors welcome for individual match sponsorship (£40)
ANNUAL PRINTED PROGRAMME: High quality full colour programmes delivered to 5000 homes and businesses in Jesmond plus club members outside Jesmond and decision makers eg councillors.
HOARDINGS: highly visible, seen by thousands of visitors to the Club across the year, including social members and guests at the many functions and events held at the ground all year round. Games and training take place most days from April to September including those for the Royal Grammar School, attendance by the parents of Club Juniors, plus matches for our four senior teams.coaches
Dimensions: 20 feet x 2 ft 6 inches (or half hoarding is 10 feet wide)
Design: usually provided by hoarding producer. We’re happy to advise on designs which worked worked and look at draft artwork before hoarding is created.
Installation: provided free
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0191 281 0746
- USUAL RATE – £70 + VAT
- DISCOUNT FOR TWO – £65 + VAT
- DISCOUNT FOR THREE – £60 + VAT
- USUAL RATE – £120 + VAT
- DISCOUNT FOR TWO – £100 + VAT
- DISCOUNT FOR THREE – £80 + VAT
- USUAL RATE – £200 + VAT
- DISCOUNT FOR TWO – £180 + VAT
- DISCOUNT FOR THREE – £150 + VAT
- STANDARD RATE – £150 Per Annum
- DISCOUNT FOR TWO OR MORE – £120 Per Annum
* NB cost of creating hoarding met by your organisation – usual cost approx £180. Newcastle Cricket Club will meet the cost of installation, and assist with arranging design if required.
Like all voluntary organisations, the many activities and benefits for the community are dependent on the goodwill and hard work of volunteers.
More than a hundred support the club – and we would welcome many more.
If you have a special interest or skills, just let us know
- Helping at the annual Cricketforce volunteer weekend in spring, preparing the ground
- Joining the Bar Committee
- Assisting with events
- Helping with administration
- Taking photos at matches and uploading to online albums
- Help develop our heritage project (collating and sharing the amazing 125 year of the Jesmond Ground)
- Cricket coaching and scoring (accredited training provided)
Other areas you could help:
- Match day support – especially at start and end of matches
- Seeking sponsorship
- Selling adverts for our annual printed programme
To offer help or to seek more information, please email email@example.com
Big thanks to all the great organisations which support our volunteering! – especially local businesses, Volunteer Centre Newcastle, Jesmond Community Forum, Newcastle and Northumbria Universities and Skillsbridge.