About Newcastle Cricket Club
Newcastle Cricket Club welcomes your involvement – as visitors, as members, as sports participants, as funders or as organisers and supporters of events. We’re a new club, rebuilding fast thanks to the support for more than 150 volunteers and many hundreds of members. The Jesmond Ground was founded more than 125 years ago; a two year campaign to ensure it stayed open resulted in 2006 in a new partnership between our club and the Royal Grammar School.
If you’d like to lend a hand – there are many enjoyable ways to do this.Your support would be much appreciated, you can find out more in Membership and the How to Support section, which includes Volunteering, Sponsorship opportunities and the 125 Club.
GOVERNANCE FOR COMMUNITY AMATEUR SPORTS CLUBS (CASCS)
Newcastle Cricket Club changed to become a social enterprise (a Community Interest Company) in 2015 following changes to the Government rules on CASCs, which bring financial benefits to sports sports clubs.
- Newcastle Cricket Club CIC (company number 09491842) is the parent company. You can read the Articles here.
- Newcastle Cricket Club (Community) Limited (company number 09544501) is a wholly-owned subsidiary. You can read the Articles here.
The changes were approved by Special Member Meetings on 24 November 2014 and 26 March 2015. A summary of the background and Frequently Asked Questions was provided.
- Premier League Awards 2015: 3 top awards – Division 2 trophy; Club Captain Jacques du Toit shared Premier Division Player of the Year; Ben McGee won Ben Jermy Trophy.
- CAMRA Tyneside Club of the Year 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013
- Club Awards national Marketing Club of the Year 2014, 2013
- Club Awards Cricket Club of the Year 2016, 2013, 2012
- ECB OSCA (Outstanding Service to Cricket Award) awards for club members in 2014, 2011 and 2007
- GROUND QUALITY: the club is a regular winner of the Ground of the Year – see plaques for details!
- CLUBMARK: Newcastle CC is registered as having ECB Clubmark recognition, for prioritising junior development and creating a benchmark for high quality community club cricket. For more info:
- CASC: The Club is CASC accredited as a Community Amateur Sports Club. For more info: www.cascinfo.co.uk
- FOCUS CLUB: Newcastle CC is an ECB Focus Club working closely to support local schools with cricket development
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: we are a member of Newcastle CVS – Council for Voluntary Services
For more info: www.cvsnewcastle.org.uk
We are also a member of Jesmond Community Forum.
BBC Look North featured the amazing history of the ground, as part of the 125th anniversary coverage.
And here are some recent newspaper stories, including several examples of how the Journal featured the 125th anniversary celebrations:
The annual printed programme delivers 36 pages of information on the club activities and supporters to 5000 homes in Jesmond and Gosforth.
Here’s more coverage, click on thumbnail to see details: